Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Being A Detective

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Being A Detective

Postby Adel » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 pm

hello, my name is alex, and I am only 17 years old.I am wondering which career to pick. I like the idea of being a detective, and I have been interested in this career since I was 12. But honestly I wouldnt know what type of education I would need,(* But I want to go to a/any University). I would like to posssibly work for the FBI, investigating murders, kidnappings and rapes. But I dont know if I have what it takes to be a detective, like if I'm smart enough. Is is worth it?  BECAUSE I have been told that I am very talented in ART(and no, I dont want to do sketches for the police). and i simply dont know which one is best for me, or a detective, or some type of artist; I do potraits by the way. So, I dont know I need a professional opinion, please. Thank you.
Adel

Being A Detective

Postby Gard » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Alex,    In order to be a Detective on a Police Department you have to start out has a Patrolman and then test your way up. To get into the FBI you have to have a four(4) year degree. It does not have to be in Criminal Justice. To the best of my knowledge they look for accountants, language majors, Attorney's, and math majors. By getting into the FBI it doesn't mean you will be investigation Kidnappings, rapes and murders. Remember they deal a lot with white collar crime. For example, embezzlement, the MOB, and also other interstate crime. My suggestion would be to minor in ART if that's what your really good at.     I spent 22 years as a Police Officer and I would do it all over again if I had to choose. It was the most exciting, fulfilling career there is. So you could start out on a PD then work your way up, either in the PD or go onto the State Bureau of investigation or the FBI, DEA ect. Go with your heart, you won't go wrong that way. I truly believe you have to be happy in your career, that is more important to me then making a six(6) figure salary and being miserable. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I hope this helped somewhat.

Jim
Gard

Being A Detective

Postby Maoltuile » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 am

hello, my name is alex, and I am only 17 years old.I am wondering which career to pick. I like the idea of being a detective, and I have been interested in this career since I was 12. But honestly I wouldnt know what type of education I would need,(* But I want to go to a/any University). I would like to posssibly work for the FBI, investigating murders, kidnappings and rapes. But I dont know if I have what it takes to be a detective, like if I'm smart enough. Is is worth it?  BECAUSE I have been told that I am very talented in ART(and no, I dont want to do sketches for the police). and i simply dont know which one is best for me, or a detective, or some type of artist; I do potraits by the way. So, I dont know I need a professional opinion, please. Thank you.
Maoltuile

Return to Criminal Law