Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Bankrupt Orthodontist

Discuss the legalities of Bankruptcy Law

Bankrupt Orthodontist

Postby Attkins » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:53 am

I purchased Invisalign braces from an orthodontist. I also pre-purchased Vivera aligners. Towards the end of my treatment my orthodontist went bankrupt. He is now working for another orthodontist at another office. When I went to get impressions taken for my Vivera aligners, he said since he went bankrupt he has no money to purchase my Vivera retainers. He offered me one Biostar retainer but that is all he is willing to do to rectify the situation. He said I could take him to court but he can't do anything else for me. I pick up my Biostar retainer today but can anything be done to recoup my money? Thanks for your quick response. I even suggested that he could at least whiten my teeth or give me another service to compensate me but he said because he is working for someone else now he is not able to do that.'

Thank you for your time.
Attkins

Bankrupt Orthodontist

Postby Deion » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:36 pm

The Biostar retainer should be just as good as the Vivera.  As far as the remainder of your question/comments these are legal issues which should be take up by an attorney.  I can tell you from my own experience, however, that you are probably out of luck.  I once subscribed to a rather expensive monthly newsletter and paid for 3 a year subscription.  The editor/publisher went bankrupt and then later re-established himself.  Because he went bankrupt he would not reinstate my subscription or compensate for my loss.  In the end it was my loss.

Still, you should pursue this legal question with a legal advisor.
Deion

Bankrupt Orthodontist

Postby Jerrald » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:33 am

I purchased Invisalign braces from an orthodontist. I also pre-purchased Vivera aligners. Towards the end of my treatment my orthodontist went bankrupt. He is now working for another orthodontist at another office. When I went to get impressions taken for my Vivera aligners, he said since he went bankrupt he has no money to purchase my Vivera retainers. He offered me one Biostar retainer but that is all he is willing to do to rectify the situation. He said I could take him to court but he can't do anything else for me. I pick up my Biostar retainer today but can anything be done to recoup my money? Thanks for your quick response. I even suggested that he could at least whiten my teeth or give me another service to compensate me but he said because he is working for someone else now he is not able to do that.'

Thank you for your time.
Jerrald

Return to Bankruptcy Law