Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Bad Boob Job

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Bad Boob Job

Postby Troi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

I got my breasts enlarged in july. one boob is very noticebly larger than the other. so is this grounds for a malpractice suit or the doctor correcting it or nothing at all?
Troi

Bad Boob Job

Postby Ninian » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:13 am

Dear Layne,

Thanks for writing to me.  There's lots more info about plastic surgery at my site, www.bodysculpture.com.

Malpractice is a complicated issue, and I can't really comment on that for a case like this.

But here's what I'd say:  you are, in general, entitled to get a result based on what's been discussed preoperatively, and within the confines of what's reasonable to expect.  That's a little complicated but, basically, not all things are possible for all people.  So a lot depends on what you looked like before, what surgery was done(and how it went) and what your healing has been like.

If your breasts were basically symmetrical before the surgery and are very different now, then you should sit down with your plastic surgeon and try to figure out what happened, and what can be done about it.  Most situations are correctable, or can, at least, be improved dramatically, and I would think that most plastic surgeons want their patients to look as good as they can once they've operated on them.  If they were the same size before, did you get the same size implants?  Did one deflate?  Do you have a fluid accumulation around one of them?  And so on.

If, on the other hand, they were very different before, and are less so now, then the surgery may be at least partly successful.  Maybe more can be done.  But, either way, you need to have a talk with your plastic surgeon, and try to resolve it that way.

Incidentally, the financial arrangements should also be discussed.  I don't know what you talked about with the doctor ahead of time but, although every reasonable attempt needs to be made to provide an acceptable solution, that can not always be done with incurring additional fees.  Each situation is different, and should be part of what's discussed.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with that, you may want to get a second opinion or two, just to get a sense of what is recommended.  It's a bit early for that, particularly if you can work things out with your surgeon(after all, you chose him or her to do your surgery in the first place, so it's best to try to stay with him or her if you can).

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

www.bodysculpture.com
Ninian

Bad Boob Job

Postby Searle » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:58 pm

I got my breasts enlarged in july. one boob is very noticebly larger than the other. so is this grounds for a malpractice suit or the doctor correcting it or nothing at all?
Searle

Return to Medical Malpractice