Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Baby Died

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Baby Died

Postby Yorath » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:48 pm

I went to the hospital for premature labor v. incompetent cervix. Our baby was previable at 23wks and 2 days. So during the course of a few days the doctors tried to stop my labour to no avail. Finally we decided to induce labor because of infection risk. The doctors at first said we could not have a c-section eventhough our baby was footling breech because he was previable. They later changed this and said we could have a c-section but that they did not recommend it.

Before the delivery the baby was having variable decels so they decided to begin induction of labor with pitocin, the nurse on duty did a check of my cervix later that night and said that I wasn't 10cm yet but getting there rapidly so she calle the Doctor, also the baby was having decels. During the delivery the baby's head became entrapped, after about 10 minutes I was rushed to the OR and received cervical incisions in order to free the head. The baby was 23wks and 5 days at this point. After they got the baby out they tried to resuscitate him but the baby was dead. The baby had been trapped for 16 minutes.

I would like to know if I have a malpractice claim, because the doctor did not perform a c-section, the doctor recommended a vaginal delivery which put the baby at even more risk, and the doctor never informed us of the risk to the baby or myself with a vaginal delivery of a premature infant in footling breech presentation.
Yorath

Baby Died

Postby Radeliffe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:39 am

Sorry to hear about your baby. When did this happen and in what city, state and hospital. You may have a case, but it's really impossible to tell without having a competent ObGyn review all your medical records.

If you like, I can refer you to someone good in your state.

Ed Smith

1900 Point West Way #200

Sacramento, CA

www.autoaccident.com

800-404-5400
Radeliffe

Baby Died

Postby Gaetano » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:25 pm

I went to the hospital for premature labor v. incompetent cervix. Our baby was previable at 23wks and 2 days. So during the course of a few days the doctors tried to stop my labour to no avail. Finally we decided to induce labor because of infection risk. The doctors at first said we could not have a c-section eventhough our baby was footling breech because he was previable. They later changed this and said we could have a c-section but that they did not recommend it.

Before the delivery the baby was having variable decels so they decided to begin induction of labor with pitocin, the nurse on duty did a check of my cervix later that night and said that I wasn't 10cm yet but getting there rapidly so she calle the Doctor, also the baby was having decels. During the delivery the baby's head became entrapped, after about 10 minutes I was rushed to the OR and received cervical incisions in order to free the head. The baby was 23wks and 5 days at this point. After they got the baby out they tried to resuscitate him but the baby was dead. The baby had been trapped for 16 minutes.

I would like to know if I have a malpractice claim, because the doctor did not perform a c-section, the doctor recommended a vaginal delivery which put the baby at even more risk, and the doctor never informed us of the risk to the baby or myself with a vaginal delivery of a premature infant in footling breech presentation.
Gaetano

Return to Legal Malpractice