Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Are we afraid to leave the Hadith behind?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby zacchaeus21 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Peace.

Since legislation (fiqh) has been formed on the basis of Hadith, we as Muslims have stagnated with all forms progress (natural sciences, social sciences, medicine, economics, social welfare, governance, etc). On a more serious note, we have also been forced to read lies which slander Muhammed (The seal of the prophets of the revelations).

I've read stories in regard to Muhammed's sex life, his military strategies, and his other whims and fancies. Unlike the majority of you, I refuse to believe in any of it, due to the fact that these narrations are either bold faced lies or snapshots of more complicated events beyond my understanding (due to the fact that I didn't exist in his life).

Of course, there are some Hadith that paint the Prophet in a very positive light and this of course gladdens my heart (I'm only human). However, we have a price to pay if we are to accept even these Hadith. Hadith is more a package deal. If you accept the good then you have to accept the bad. This is due to a "science" or "methodology" that advertises itself as very scholarly and concrete. We, like fools, then accept what we don't understand merely on the basis of ignorance. I advise all Muslims to learn this "science" and be the judge for themselves.

Do you ever come across people who tell you to learn Classical Arabic in order to better understand the Quran? They are correct in giving this advice though I don't think they realizing they are giving up their status by doing so. One should learn it in order to better understand the Quran for themselves.

45:6 These are the verses of God We convey to you with truth. Then, in what HADITH, if not in God and His verses, will they believe?

Yes, in the above verse, God specifically uses the word "Hadith"? Why doesn't He use the word Qawl?

Are we afraid of what we will find in the Quran (The truth)? Are we afraid that we won't find what we're looking for (our hidden agendas)?
zacchaeus21

Postby jarl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:06 pm

If you think that by rejecting Hadiths you reject the Prophet, then yes it is difficult to leave hadiths.
If you like to have an answer for everything, including which foot to enter the toilet with first, then Yes it is difficult to leave hadiths.

Once you realise that most things you were brought up to believe are nowhere to be found in the Quran, it causes confusion. Some people don't want to be confused whilst others may reject Islam all together (I'm talking about those with really weak faith)

I personally haven't got a complete stance on either side. By rejecting Hadiths there's a lot of questions to be answered, mainly historical events and places where the Prophet went. Until I find answers to these, I don't think I can reject ALL hadiths literature. But accepting all hadiths means I believe certain animals are cursed based on their colour or additional things are lawful and unlawful, even if Allah has stated what is and isn't lawful in the Quran.

Just my pov. Of course some will say "you are not qualified to make such judgements" or "Where's your qualifications to make such comments".... I think the best answer to that is Allah is the examiner, and only on the day of Judgement will we know who passed/qualified.

Until then, Salaam and May Allah bring us all peace :)
jarl

Postby charlot22 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm

What does a past post have to do with anything? You had no argument, that is why you just wrote it off as a "ramble" instead of addressing the points I made. Ignoring facts doesn't make them go away.

Either address the points, or admit you have no argument.
charlot22

Postby avikar76 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Once again, the Qur'an is God's word, not prophet Muhammad(saw)'s word. How does someone in this century, years after the prophet Muhammad(saw) has died, obey the messenger and do what he says and stays away from what he forbids if he/she doesn't follow hadiths?

Just answer that question.
avikar76

Postby tredway » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:21 pm

I already did address everything. Did you even read it? I already answered all of your questions. You really need to read more (or less). My argument is posted there for you. Also, you didn't make any new and insightful points. You just posted what you always post.
tredway

Postby achimelech51 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 pm

A long line of angry, hate-filled threats.
achimelech51

Postby bernd » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes, the Quran are God's words. Prophet Muhammed died. Please mourn for him and move on. He represented the Quran to his people during the time was alive in. However, he did not interpret the Quran during his time. This is why it was necessary for people to take heed of his character in that era.
bernd

Postby andor25 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:33 pm

75:14 Indeed, man will testify against himself.
75:15 Even though he puts forth his excuses.
75:16 Do not move your tongue with it to make haste.
75:17 It is for Us to gather it into a compilation.
75:18 So when We compile it, you shall follow its compilation.
75:19 Then it is for Us to explain it.
andor25

Postby armin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Read the verses above and try to understand them.
armin

Postby emek » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:47 pm

In the name of God, the Almighty, the Merciful.
55:1 The Almighty.
55:2 He has taught the Qur'an.

Do you know who is teaching the Quran? It is God Himself. Prophet Muhammad does not teach us the Quran. God teaches us the Quran. He is the who guides us.
emek

Next

Return to Defamation Law