Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Are we afraid to leave the Hadith behind?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby laureano97 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Making this assumption that "oh I follow the Qur'an and so I obey the messenger... is not valid. The Qur'an is not the prophet's command. It is God's command.
God told us to follow the prophet.
laureano97

Postby adin55 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:33 pm

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. " [Qur'an 59:7]

So once again, tell me...

How would we in this century "take what he gives us, and leave what he forbids?
adin55

Postby hillocke » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. " [Qur'an 59:7]

So once again, tell me...

How would we in this century "take what he gives us, and leave what he forbids?
That is some Sunni & Shiite Muslims have turned Quranists.

Are you a Quranist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6YSEqk6J4
Being Quranist : An Introduction

http://www.quranists.net/
For Muslims who follow Quran alone and reject ahadith.
hillocke

Postby jarel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 pm

chapter 49 verse ;6. O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.
chapter 36 verse 36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.
jarel

Postby cumhea » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Hadith to Islam is what gospels to Christian with the difference that
hadiths were written during the life time of prophet and collected in
to volumes later. As far as Quran is concerned, there is no book like
it with earlier nations.

Alhamdu Lillah for Hadith and Alhamdu Lillah for Quran. We are lucky
and you can join us, if you want to.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal
cumhea

Postby rolfe16 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 pm

The Qur'an is God's word, not prophet Muhammad(saw)'s words.

Allah (swt) states:

?"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. " [Qur'an 59:7]
?Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger’s duty to proclaim (the Message) in the clearest manner. (5: 92).

Someone in the 21st century (centuries after prophet Muhammad-saw- 's death) can not fulfill these commands without following the hadiths. It's impossible otherwise.

Either you are suggesting that Muslims completely DISREGARD God's command to follow the prophet's commands, or you are saying that these verses no longer apply which means you think the Qur'an is NOT Universal and for all Times. Both ways you would be guilty of disbelief.

Clearly, you have no problem with disobeying God, but Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah ((which consists of the majority of Muslims, about 90%)) will never even dream of being disobedient to God and ignoring his commands. Thus, we will follow the hadiths. Not because we are "afraid to leave them" but because we FEAR ALLAH (swt).
rolfe16

Postby jocheved » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Ok, so you know better than the Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, the sahaabah, and the thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of scholars who have closely examined the life of RasoolAllaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

The Prophet Muhammad said, "Indeed I have been given the Qur'ân, and that which is like it along with it; yet the time is coming where a man reclining on his couch will say, 'Keep to this Qur'ân: what you find in it to be permissible treat as permissible; and what you find prohibited treat as prohibited.' But what Allah's Messenger has prohibited is like what Allah has prohibited." (Recorded by Ahmad, Abu Daawood, and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albaani (Saheeh ul-Jaami` 8186).

And obey All?h and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may obtain mercy. (Aali Imran 3:132)

Edit (deleted because answer was too long & you included my points in your additional details)

Edit 2:

1 & 2) If you truly took guidance from the Qur'aan, then you wouldn't reject the saheeh ahadeeth. P.s. your mocking tone is not befitting. But what else would I expect of a Qur'aaniyoon?

Basically, what you're saying is that the entire life of the Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam was pointless. He was only a guide for the people who lived during his time and the moment he died, his teachings died with him. So he spent his entire life teaching the sahaabah for the sole purpose that they and they alone would take from him - not so that the people he taught could spread the religion to their children and their children to their children (etc) and to others who became Muslims through da3wah.

Why wouldn't Allaah just reveal the Qur'aan and place it on a mountain for someone to find? Why the need for the Prophet at all if he was not going to be the Prophet for all of mankind from that time until the world ends? Why the need for the Prophet if he was not going to be an example for all future generations (and only for the generation that was alive when he was alive)?

Also, you do realize that the same people who memorized and passed the Qur'aan on are the same people who passed on the sayings/teachings/actions of the Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, don't you? So why do you reject one part of what they say while accepting the other? And I assume you also realize that Orientalists make the same claims about the Qur'aan that that you make about the hadeeth (and you're both clearly wrong).

"I refuse to believe that the Prophet had a personality disorder." - You're disgusting. May Allaah guide you.

And we know who is a Muslim and who isn't based upon God's Words. So if someone says they are Muslim but they worship Jesus, I would say they aren't Muslims based on God's Words of how shirk takes one out of Islaam.

3.) You don't understand at all, then.

4.) Oh wow :/ I did not think you would actually say you only pray 2-3 times a day. la hawla wa la quwatta illah billah. So why are you praying 5 times a day in congregation if they're basing it on something you think is fabricated and a lie against the Prophet? I would never pray with those who lie against the Prophet sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam (such as you). Please never lead the prayers, especially if those people do not know that you're a Qur'aaniyoon.

5.) No, it was not conveniently. It was prohibited because the Prophet sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam did not want the actual Words of Allaah to be confused with the Prophet's words (which, when talking about Islaam, were also a wahi, but they were not direct word-for-word quotations of Allaah for the most part). But when that fear was gone, he lifted the prohibition so that his practices would continue on.

6.) lol, just because the word 'hadeeth' appears in the Qur'aan does not mean that Allaah is talking about the ahadeeth that are present today. It is obvious when you look at the ayaat you refer to:

Do they not look in the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all things that All?h has created, and that it may be that the end of their lives is near. In what message after this will they then believe? (Al-A'raf 7:185)

Let's pose this scenario:

The Qur'aan prohibits the eating of khanzeer. Maybe in future generations, people will start calling goats khanzeer. Will you then say that goats are haraam just because they gave the goats a new name ('khanzeer')?

lakum deenukum wa liya deen. Read the context of that. :)
jocheved

Previous

Return to Defamation Law