Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Are Children's Behavior Worse Today Than 10/20/30 Years Ago?

Dealing with a class action? Discuss it here

Postby unss94 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 am

I am very young; only 15, but it seems to be that children, both young and older, are much more disrespectful and rude than they are were even a decade ago. Just today I heard from my 10 year old sister than she heard a 5 year old at the YMCA say the f-word at a coach. I didn't even know that word existed until I was about seven or eight. And this is not like an amazing event or anything, I hear of this happening all the time on the internet. My older sister's friends swear like crazy both on the internet and in person. Plus it's amazing how easily they insult other people so freely.

Other things that concern me:
*Children do not play outside anymore.There are about five other children on my street. I knew of about two of them until a school bus starting coming down our street. I'm not being hypocritical either; I ride my bike all the time.
*I regularly hear conversations at school with people saying that they will continue a conversation further on Facebook, yet they have plenty of time to talk about it in person. Why must the wait to talk about on the internet?
*The way people dress is just so so bad. I can stand the ways most boys dress but the girls are just hideous. I do not need to see that much of their body. Too make makeup for their age as well. I know the 80s were pretty bad but I'm not sure which I dislike more.
*The music is way too suggestive, and children in elementary listen to the songs as well. Many songs have to do with drugs, alcohol, and interacting with strangers.

And all of the movies and television shows today show these type of actions. BUT, when I watch things from the 80s and 90s, people talk to each other, dress appropriately, and just seem to live more within reality. I do not know if this is the way people really acted, but like I said, it is not even portrayed that way now.

I do know that the earlier decades were not perfect, but they sure do seem more inviting. So, what I am asking is were those decades really that much better than today, and were children of that time nicer? My family has not befriended another family since 2005, and it is not like we haven't tried. My siblings are I have been involved in out of school class and whatnot.

So it just seems like it is almost hopeless to find someone I relate to these days, simply because children my age, and younger, are so rude. Is it social media? I'm thinking that is the case, but I'd like to hear what you say about. Only serious answer please.
unss94

Postby gustav » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 am

Well yes.......in earlier decades children were very calm type.They respected their elders.Followed what ever the elders said and did everything under them but now a days they are the master of their own mind.
gustav

Return to Class Action