Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Adultery

The law of the sea.

Adultery

Postby lorimar » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:25 am

I am a devowed Christian standing for my marriage.  My husband has left with another woman who is a Jehovah Witness. He is now involved with the JW and studying their word. He has told a mutual person that God has forgiven him about his adultery and that he no longer has love for his wife. I am very confused because I thought they were against adultery. We are legally married and he has just placed a divorce so that he may marry his lover.  Do the JW forgive this act and will they support this marriage? I know that as  a Christian and I have a very intimate relationship with my Lord and Savior that he hates divorce and does not like adultery.  The only thing that I think of is that the Hall they are attending has no idea that he is a married man. I have thought about reporting them however I will let God take care of this, for nothing can be hidden from the Living Heavenly Father.
lorimar

Adultery

Postby Milburn » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:29 am

Hello Annie.

First, let me say that I am truly sorry for what you are going through.  It sounds as if your husband is doing his very best to rationalize and justify his actions.  But according to the Word of God, until he becomes repentant of his sin and tries to make it right, he is NOT forgiven of his adultery.  And the ONLY SCRIPTURAL course of action he has that God will accept, is for him to try and reconcile with you, as you are his wife.  Regardless of what he says about "no longer having love", that is no excuse.  God intends for marriage to be permanent, and you are to be commended for your resolve.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

In fact, YOU are the only one who has a Scriptural right to divorce and remarriage in this situation.  He does not.  And since he seems determined to pursue this relationship, his claims to being "forgiven" are baseless.  Your husband needs to know that, from God's perspective, he is in trouble unless he makes this situation right.

Now, about the JW aspect of it....Yes, they are against adultery.  And they are also opposed to a JW marrying a non-JW.  My guess is, they are not only unaware that he is a married man, but are also unaware of the extent of their relationship.  If this comes to the surface, she will likely be "disfellowshipped", after which she probably plans to marry him and show "repentance", and eventually be reinstated.  And yes, over time, the JWs will forgive this act and support the marriage...especially if your husband converts to the religion.  

That is why you should act now!  I admire your feelings of letting God handle it, but the fact is, this is YOUR husband.  And there are no issues in your marriage that God cannot fix, if you both are willing.  You are under no obligation to remain married to him, but if you decide this is what you want to do, then you need to report this woman to her Kingdom Hall.  In fact, you should do that anyway.  I would call them TOMORROW, without delay, and give them her name and let them know you are the wife of the man she has been bringing to the meetings.  

You and your husband will need some serious marriage counselling to survive this.  He is in a delusional state, if he thinks he has swept his sin "under the rug", and all is well in the eyes of God.  You are correct....nothing is hidden from our Father in Heaven.  But it sounds as if their intent is to hide it from the Kingdom Hall, and she should not be allowed to do this.  I think you should report her without delay.  And whatever happens between you and your husband, just continue to trust in the grace of God to carry you through this. He can, and He will.  My prayers are with you, Sister, and if I can be of any further help or encouragement, please write.

God bless,

Derrick
Milburn

Adultery

Postby Cleary » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:10 am

I am a devowed Christian standing for my marriage.  My husband has left with another woman who is a Jehovah Witness. He is now involved with the JW and studying their word. He has told a mutual person that God has forgiven him about his adultery and that he no longer has love for his wife. I am very confused because I thought they were against adultery. We are legally married and he has just placed a divorce so that he may marry his lover.  Do the JW forgive this act and will they support this marriage? I know that as  a Christian and I have a very intimate relationship with my Lord and Savior that he hates divorce and does not like adultery.  The only thing that I think of is that the Hall they are attending has no idea that he is a married man. I have thought about reporting them however I will let God take care of this, for nothing can be hidden from the Living Heavenly Father.
Cleary

Return to Maritime Law