Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Adult Dating Minor

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Adult Dating Minor

Postby Fermin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:04 am

I am an eighteen year old male currently dating a fifteen year old female.  Is this legal? We are not sexual active with one another nor have we ever been. I would like to know if it is legal for me to just take or to a movie or just spend time with her. Thank you.  
Fermin

Adult Dating Minor

Postby Hamoelet » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi Steven,

First, please keep in mind that I am not permitted to provide specific legal advice in this forum.  Doing so would constitute unauthorized practice of law.  However, I am happy talk about the issue generally.

Generally speaking, a non-sexual relationship with a minor is legal.  In some States, a sexual relationship might be legal as well(although certainly not advisable).  If you ever decide you need to look up the rules, you may find this site helpful:http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Also, keep in mind that activities with a minor that may not involve actual sex, such as seeing each other nude or touching various body parts may also be illegal.

Even in a non-sexual relationship, there are certain rules when a minor is involved.  Doing anything illegal or immoral could be deemed "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" which is a crime.  But typically there are no legal issues with simply dating or spending time together.

I hope this helps!

- Mike  
Hamoelet

Return to Defamation Law