Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

According to the Constitution, who presides over the Senate and votes in case of a tie?

The law of the sea.

According to the Constitution, who presides over the Senate and votes in case of a tie?

Postby norwyn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am

which is correct; Maritime or military or state or criminal [which -law is exclusively under fedearl jurisdiction?

a well constructed poll should be? biased or unbiased or stable?
norwyn

Postby nann » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 am

1. vice president

2. Military - I knew it was military but had to think for a minute because maritime law is broad including international regulations of bodies of water. The Coast Guard is of course federal. Then it occurred to me that those local (we call them the 'water police') cops on the water I see out here in the intercoastal waterway where I live, well they are state employees.

3. unbiased - a biased poll would result in inaccurate results. Not sure where stable comes into play here.
nann

Postby golding » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 am

1. vice president

2. Military - I knew it was military but had to think for a minute because maritime law is broad including international regulations of bodies of water. The Coast Guard is of course federal. Then it occurred to me that those local (we call them the 'water police') cops on the water I see out here in the intercoastal waterway where I live, well they are state employees.

3. unbiased - a biased poll would result in inaccurate results. Not sure where stable comes into play here.
the Vice President.
golding

Postby sceley » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am

The vice-president of the U.S.

military

unbiased
sceley

Postby seager » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 am

The Vice President
seager

Postby therron57 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 am

the Vice President does
therron57

Postby hagaleah » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 am

the vise president
hagaleah

Postby jolie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 am

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.

The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.
jolie

Postby crom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 am

the Veep!
crom

Postby freedom97 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 am

The Biggest "Dick" in Washington.....
Lord Richard Cheney........
freedom97

Next

Return to Maritime Law