Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

About My Resident Status

Talk about immigration laws here

About My Resident Status

Postby motega » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm worry if i can lose my Permanent Resident in Canada...

I'm from Mexico, i have 5 years leaving in Canada. I got my PR 2 years ago. I got my PR by refugee status.

I'm gay, and I'm married, I had been in Mexico 2 times after i got my resident card, and when we go to Mexico we just go separate because we had a problem as Gay couple in Mexico; is the reason we asked refugee in Canada.

I'm worry if i comeback to Mexico to see my mom, because The last time the immigration officer stop me and she told me that is better if i have a Canadian document(because i still have my Mexican passport) and also she asked me if the immigration officers stop me before, i said yes, i don't know why they stop me before but they never told me, because i had been traveling to USA and always happened the same.... so i said --yes-- to that officer and i said... --i guess because i'm refugge?? or i was refugee??---

My point is... is a big risk(risk to lose my PR) to comeback to My country for few days and then return to Canada?? Can they take away my PR? My mom is old, and for me is easier if i go to her house....
motega

About My Resident Status

Postby Imanol » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:08 am

I'm worry if i can lose my Permanent Resident in Canada...

I'm from Mexico, i have 5 years leaving in Canada. I got my PR 2 years ago. I got my PR by refugee status.

I'm gay, and I'm married, I had been in Mexico 2 times after i got my resident card, and when we go to Mexico we just go separate because we had a problem as Gay couple in Mexico; is the reason we asked refugee in Canada.

I'm worry if i comeback to Mexico to see my mom, because The last time the immigration officer stop me and she told me that is better if i have a Canadian document(because i still have my Mexican passport) and also she asked me if the immigration officers stop me before, i said yes, i don't know why they stop me before but they never told me, because i had been traveling to USA and always happened the same.... so i said --yes-- to that officer and i said... --i guess because i'm refugge?? or i was refugee??---

My point is... is a big risk(risk to lose my PR) to comeback to My country for few days and then return to Canada?? Can they take away my PR? My mom is old, and for me is easier if i go to her house....
Imanol

About My Resident Status

Postby Beavan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Dear Carlo,

The Canadian government issues a 'Travel Document' to persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. It is sometimes advisable to travel on that document.

You can make an application for a travel document by completing the forms available from Passport Canada:

TRAVEL DOCUMENT APPLICATIONhttp://www.ppt.gc.ca/form/pdfs/pptc190.pdf

This document is simply to assist with travel. It does not in and of itself confer immigration status on the holder.

Unless a permanent resident lives outside Canada for more than two years in any five year period, his or her status as a permanent resident will not be affected by visits to any country, including the country of origin. These rules apply to all permanent residents, including those who first arrived in Canada as refugee claimants.

In rare cases, border officers or immigration officers may have reason to believe that a permanent resident obtained status on the basis of a false refugee claim. If there is proof that a false refugee claim was filed, then enforcement action may be taken against that permanent resident, but this is a long and involved process. Anyone accused of making a false declaration would be entitled to defend himself or herself before the Immigration and Refugee Board.

If this response has been helpful, please let others know by completing the AllExperts.com rating form.

Best wishes and bon voyage,

Tim Morson, CCIC*

-----------------------------------

MORSON & ASSOCIATES

353 Saint-Nicolas

Suite 307

Montreal, Quebec

H2Y 2P1 CANADA

T: 514-845-5454

F: 514-845-8174

[email protected]://www.morson.ca

-----------------------------------

*Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant(CCIC)

Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants(CSIC)

CSIC Member No M041310  
Beavan

Return to Immigration Law