Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

2nd Degree Burglary

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

2nd Degree Burglary

Postby Burhtun » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

My brother has been charged with 2nd degree burglary. He has no prior charges at all. This took place and he is in court in New York City. He has a lawyer that we are paying a lot of money for. There were supposedly 3 other people involved. I'm not sure what is going on with their cases or if they were even taken in. I am really worried for my brother and don't have many details about the case. Can you tell me, based on the general information i've provided you with here and your knowledge of the Law, what is the maximum/ minimum time he will recieve? with the option of parole/ probation? Is there any chance that he will recieve no jail time? Community Service? I know that might sound far-fetched, I don't know much about the law. Are there any alternative sentences we may be able to look into and opt for? Do you have any information on good Pro-bono Lawyers in New York City? Do you also know if New York offers the "boot camp" alternative? A friend of mine's boyfriend just got out of the bootcamp a little under a year ago. I really appreciate all of your help, I know this is a question loaded with questions... I am just worried because my brother is the only man in our family and we would be lost if he does some serious time over this. Please contact me with any information you are able to provide me with, all is appreciated.
Burhtun

2nd Degree Burglary

Postby Abhay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:32 am

Mabes,

Sorry about the trouble you brother is in and i do know how frightening this can be.  A little information would be a big help.  First off your best source of information is the attorney that you have hired.  If the attorney has experience in this area of law he or she should be able to answer the above questions  a lot more specifically and accurately then i can.

The biggest point in your brothers corner is his lack of record.  Burglaries are crimes against property and do not normally require a jail sentence.  The crime is obviously a  felony but i am sure there are alternative sentencing possibilities that your attorney will look at.  Another positive factor is his cooperation, his attorney can work this out if need be.  All courts are required to provide indigent clients with legal representation.  Sometimes the defendant may have to pay some of this back.  At this point unless there is a lot of factors regarding this crime that i am unaware of i do not belive that there need to be any concern about boot camp and probably no significant time, if any.

Good luck, Make sure he keeps in touch with his attorney and follows all bond requirements

Robin
Abhay

2nd Degree Burglary

Postby Washington » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 am

My brother has been charged with 2nd degree burglary. He has no prior charges at all. This took place and he is in court in New York City. He has a lawyer that we are paying a lot of money for. There were supposedly 3 other people involved. I'm not sure what is going on with their cases or if they were even taken in. I am really worried for my brother and don't have many details about the case. Can you tell me, based on the general information i've provided you with here and your knowledge of the Law, what is the maximum/ minimum time he will recieve? with the option of parole/ probation? Is there any chance that he will recieve no jail time? Community Service? I know that might sound far-fetched, I don't know much about the law. Are there any alternative sentences we may be able to look into and opt for? Do you have any information on good Pro-bono Lawyers in New York City? Do you also know if New York offers the "boot camp" alternative? A friend of mine's boyfriend just got out of the bootcamp a little under a year ago. I really appreciate all of your help, I know this is a question loaded with questions... I am just worried because my brother is the only man in our family and we would be lost if he does some serious time over this. Please contact me with any information you are able to provide me with, all is appreciated.
Washington

Return to Criminal Law