Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

19 year old in need of boot camp. PLEASE HELP.?

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Postby archy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:31 pm

my brother is 19 years old and hes getting wayyyyy too out of hand with drugs, verbal/physical aggression, breaking the law etc;...and my parents dont know wat to do anymore. i have a few questions about boot camp for him.

1: is there any way we can FORCE him into boot camp? hes 19
2: if number 1 is possible ^ what boot camp?
**** i live in new jersey.

3: PLEASE. if you know any boot camps he can join please give me the name or a link to the website.
thankyou so much, bless you all.
archy

Postby artzai » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Unless he goes willingly or as a term of probation, nope.
artzai

Postby brenn15 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Unless he goes willingly or as a term of probation, nope.
ok army boot camp if its too harsh rehab boot camp
brenn15

Postby darik » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I am so sorry to hear this, but you can't force him to go to boot camp, unfortunately he is an adult. He definitely could go to jail though, maybe the police could help!! Probably don't want that. i wish you the best of luck
darik

Postby ashbey15 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

If you are talking about actual military boot camp, It isnt really intended to fix people, but rather train people for battle. If you are talking about those things that call themselves bootcamp (camps for troubled teens) no, he's 19 and is to old to be forced into such a situation unwillingly. If he messes up he could go to jail, or some other uncomfortable situation could be forced upon him by a judge. If he is getting really bad and lives in the family home a "mental hygene" report can also be filed in some states and he can be sent to the nuthouse. As a 12 year service member, I would rather not be sent into the field with these immature people who take no responsibility for their actions just because their families though that we would fix them... they normally end up getting kicked out for using drugs or other problems anyway.
ashbey15

Postby werner72 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 pm

All you need to do is google it. And he's 19, he should be thrown out. According to society he's considered 'grown' although he's still in his teens.
werner72

Return to Drug Laws