Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

16 and pregnant, verbally abusive father wont let me leave and get my own place how do I get out of this hell?

Family Law Discussion Forum

16 and pregnant, verbally abusive father wont let me leave and get my own place how do I get out of this hell?

Postby gowan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Im 16 years old and pregnant. I live in Nevada. My baby will be born after I turn 17. My father is HORRIBLY verbally abusive, and is mentally twisted and sick. He is in Vagos motorcycle gang, and is off disobeying the law all day with them. He has been nice enough to let the babys father stay at his house with me. My babys father works and is very responsible. He is able to get us an apartment so I can take the baby home when its born. My father will NOT let me leave, he expects me to take my baby after its born to his house until im of age to leave. I will NOT have my child around him, he is a sick and twisted individual, and all that comes out of his mouth is CURSE CURSE. It makes me sick, how do I go about legally getting out of his custody so that I can take care of my baby in peace with my new family? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
gowan

Postby varik » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Careful where you step .... being his daughter wont make it club business but talking smack about the club on the net wont get you much help from any members either .. i think you would be better off to peacefully prove to him that you and your boyfriend can handle the day to day care and expense of having a baby most patch holders ive met take family issues rather serious and it will be much better if you can get along with him.
varik

Postby bing49 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 pm

The firs step is to consult an attorney
Because you are under age he still force by law to care for your well being however you maybe able to get emancipated if you can proof to the court of his recklessness and your boyfriend will be able to care for the three of you.
Consult a local lawyer in you area first since laws change by state
hope it works out for you
bing49

Postby seme22 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

you can try to get emancipated but it's not that easy. you need to prove to the court that you are eligible to take care of yourself and your baby.
In other words, prove that you can pay your own rent and other bills, medical care, and just prove that you can be on your own completely.
seme22

Postby toryn34 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:23 pm

I would consult legal aid, you might need to be legally emanicipated!
toryn34

Postby osbourne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

omg u r far to young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO GET PREGNANT U STUPID GIRL HE IS JUST USING U FOR SEX!
osbourne

Postby bellden » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:39 pm

The state will not emancipate you if you are being abused. You would be placed into foster care instead.

The only way for you to become emancipated is to get married, which, at the age of 16, can only be done with parental consent.

So your options are: call the police, call child protective services, or suck it up and deal with it.

You know this entire situation could have been avoided if you had used protection, right? This isn't your father's fault. It's your's.

EDIT: If you chose to get knocked up (get decision btw... abusive household's always work out when you add a teen mom and baby into the mix!) the you also chose to make the situation what it is. If he was physically abusive before, then why didn't you are anyone else report him?
bellden

Postby clem84 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm

kid you are so young to have a baby. . In our country india it should be atleast 18 years to get married or else the girl is consider as a minor and the parents will have the girl in custody until she becomes 18. .

Ofcourse you country may have some legal system like this. . If your country allow you marry at 16 and it is legal in the sense. . You can go directly and leave a complaint at polis. . . Or else single phone call is enough. .

Wishing you all the best! May the god bring peace and prosperous to you and your baby!
clem84

Postby elton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 pm

" I will NOT have my child around him, he is a sick and twisted individual, and all that comes out of his mouth is CURSE CURSE."

Did you really expect him to jump for joy and do the happy dance when he found out his 16 year old daughter is pregnant? You have proven in spades you can't use good judgment so shut your mouth and take what he dishes out. Someone needs to decide your present and future because right now you've proven you don't have what it takes to decide your present and future.

Your dad does not seem like a good person but don't you dare tell anyone you don't deserve to be treated the way he is treating you.
elton

Postby hanan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 pm

If I were you, I would look up the emancipation laws in your state and check into that. Here when you are 16 you are eligible to apply for emancipation. If you can prove you are able to live alone and have a good reason, ie a verbally abusive father who you dont want your baby around, you should, with enough preparation, be able to convince the courts to grant you emancipation which means you are legally an adult at the age of 16 (or 17) and you can move out for the well being of your baby.
hanan

Next

Return to Family Law