Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

1099-misc As Assistant Soccer Coach

Corporate Law Discussions

Postby Duarte » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:02 pm

s About Taxes)/1099-MISC as assistant soccer coach Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 3/14/2009 I have been working as assistant coach for my son's soccer team and paid a minimal amount($500 for the year)by the the NPO that runs it.

They have given me a 1099-MISC for $912 as Nonemployee compensation, which I have entered onto my tax form via Turbo tax.

Turbo tax now informs me that I am classified as self employed and I am being barraged with schedule C questions. I look at this as a stipend for helping out and filling in when the professional coach is not available, there is no way that I am operating as a private business.

What can I do?
Duarte

Postby jerah » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Alan,

Thanks for your question.

Say what your want, but with a 1099-MISC, non-employee compensation, you have a business and need to complete a Schedule C. File Schedule C with your 1040 and complete Schedule SE for the self employment tax.

That's about all you can do.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA
jerah

Postby Witta » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:23 pm

s About Taxes)/1099-MISC as assistant soccer coach Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 3/14/2009 I have been working as assistant coach for my son's soccer team and paid a minimal amount($500 for the year)by the the NPO that runs it.

They have given me a 1099-MISC for $912 as Nonemployee compensation, which I have entered onto my tax form via Turbo tax.

Turbo tax now informs me that I am classified as self employed and I am being barraged with schedule C questions. I look at this as a stipend for helping out and filling in when the professional coach is not available, there is no way that I am operating as a private business.

What can I do?
Witta

Return to Corporate Law